- Telephone 0141 648 9999
- Opening times Mon–Sun 7am–10pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 7.30am–10pm.
- Average price £18 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website eusebideli.com
Bringing a half-century of experience to their new West End venue, Eusebi Deli is an emporium of Italian delights.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With a long counter filled with breads, bakes, stews and sauces, sausages and garlic hanging from the ceiling, plus shelves heaving with bottles of fine wine, there is much to impress about Eusebi Deli’s new West End venue. There’s seating in the downstairs snug, but a table in an upstairs window gives a wonderful view of the delights on offer. The menu is balanced with offerings that could either make an afternoon snack or an evening meal, with dishes that allow the quality of the ingredients to shout for themselves – such as 18-month-aged prosciutto and L’umbriaco ham cured in red wine, simply presented on a block with sweet melon jam and the lightest focaccia. Others, such as the deeply rich and beefy ox-cheek ravioli display the considerable skill that is within the kitchen. Pasta is made fresh every day, while the pinza dough, for Eusebi Deli’s Roman-inspired take on the pizza, is made from four flours and proved for 72 hours. To finish, choose from the ornate cakes that gleam like jewels in their cabinet, and wash it down with a cup of real Neapolitan coffee.
- High point: Peering into the deli counter while waiting for the next course
- Low point: Sitting a bit close to the buzzing extractor
- Notable dish: Pinza 'ancient Roman' style pizza
- Private dining: 50 (two rooms in downstairs snug, 25 in each)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Live entertainment: occassional cellist, live band or even tango dancers!
- Capacity: 76
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £16.95 (litre) per bottle