Barnacles & Bones
- Telephone 07736 281893
- Opening times Wed & Thu 11am–8pm; Fri & Sat 11am–10pm; Sun 11am–4pm, closed Mon & Tue.
- Food served Wed–Thu 11.30am–8pm; Fri/Sat 11.30am–9pm; Sun 11.30am–4pm; closed Mon/Tue.
- Average price £7.50 (meal deal - main, sweet and drink); £7 (evening meal)
Soulful Scottish street food served with skill from a converted police box.
Regulars at local markets, events and Leith's The Pitt, Barnacles & Bones serves up soulful Scottish street food. The process is simple: choose between crab in lemon mayo, sourced straight from the boat in Fife, or slow-cooked, hand-pulled short rib beef from Bower’s butcher in Stockbridge. Then, choose how you want it served: on tarragon-salted fries, in a Manna House roll-of-the-day, or with quinoa and rocket salad. With specials like crab mac ’n’ cheese and sweet things like chocolate brownies, there’s an impressive amount of food coming out of a seriously small space - it’s the perfect place to grab some great grub and watch the world go by.
- High point: Soulful Scottish street food served with skill
- Low point: The experience is very weather-dependent.
- Notable dish: Crab in lemon mayo on tarragon-salted fries
- Delivery: Via Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: Currently 2 stools, but plans to introduce tables and chairs in April 2016, for up to 12 diners
- Open since: 2015