- Telephone 0131 281 1689
- Food served Tue–Sat 7pm; Sun/Mon closed.
- Average price £60 (set evening meal)
- Website www.thetableedinburgh.com
'Ten Seats, Two Chefs, One Table' – interactive fine dining for a mere ten diners at a time. Booking essential, with only 50 spots available per week.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It's a simple enough concept – a pared-back dining room with ten seats round a communal bar top open to the kitchen area, a single sitting and plenty of time to talk to the chefs as they prepare your food. What's interesting about Sean Clark's new venture is that, while the approach feels casual, there's nothing laid-back about what's on the plate. This is fine dining, capable of competing with the big guns in town; ideal for those who like fancy food but get irritated by the accompanying layers of fancy service. It's also worth doing a quick sum and realising that, with only 50 spots on the stools available per week, booking ahead is essential. Currently BYOB only.
- High point: A new concept for fine dining
- Low point: Trying to get a spot on the stool
- Capacity: 10
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2015
- BYOB: No corkage corkage (Currently no licence)