Chop House Leith
- Telephone 0131 629 1919
- Seasonal times December: Mon–Fri noon–11pm, Sat/Sun 10am–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5–11pm; Sat/Sun 10am–11pm.
- Typical order 350g Sirloin Steak with bone marrow butter and beef dripping chips
- Website www.chophousesteak.co.uk
Destination dining for meat-lovers and Sunday roast enthusiasts, showcasing the best of British with alluring informal style.
Now in its second year, Chop House Leith has already built up an outstanding reputation thanks to its premium dry-aged chargrilled steaks, impeccable service and intimate surroundings. Despite its quiet location, it’s extremely popular – it’s worth arriving early to enjoy a tipple at the well-stocked bar. There’s little danger of overindulging on the starters menu: shrimps, scallops and oysters are sold individually and the king prawn cocktail with Bloody Mary salsa kickstarts the tastebuds with no danger of filling the belly. Chop House’s 35-day steaks are cooked over an open-flame grill, lending them a subtle smokiness. The marbled fat in the ribeye is perfectly rendered, and the fillet practically melts in the mouth. To accompany, try the well-seasoned buttery mash with rich beef gravy or the toothpick-thin skinny fries. For an intimate dessert, the salted caramel fondue is sublime, sticky fun, and there are a comprehensive selection of cheeses too.
- Private dining: Up to 10 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Upbeat, electric mix of pop, soul and funk
- Capacity: 42
- Largest group: 42
- Open since: 2015, September
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- House wine: £20 per bottle