Chop House Leith
- Telephone 0131 629 1919
- Seasonal times 26 Dec open from 5pm
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Typical order 350g Sirloin Steak with bone marrow butter and beef dripping chips
- Website www.chophousesteak.co.uk
Serious about the quality and the provenance of their products, Chop House is the go-to for steak in Leith.
Located in the heart of Leith, Chop House on Constitution Street is a great restaurant in a neighbourhood well-served by places to eat. In fact, quality ingredients, great service, a fantastic atmosphere and attractive interior almost have to be a given around The Shore, but what makes Chop House really stand out among tough competition is their beef: dry-aged in-house, full of flavour and made in Scotland. The classic choices of cut are all available, as well as sharing options like chateaubriand, with well-informed staff helping the undecided make the right decisions. There is a good range of sides, including lighter choices, or mac and cheese for the hungry (or greedy). The dessert menu is compact but tempting, and if you’re full after your steak the three luscious sorbets won’t disappoint.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed playlist
- Capacity: 42
- Largest group: 42
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- House wine: £22 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best steakhouses and burgers in Edinburgh22 May 2019
Steaks, burgers and everything else: where to get the best cuts of juicy meat in the city
Scottish beef is firmly at the heart of the city's steakhouses and burger bars, and though the trend for the latter seems to have gone off the boil, there are still plenty of places fighting the good fight against the chains. With options to suit almost…