A confident bar in Strathbungo, taking the best bits of the original Lebowskis (burgers, White Russians) with added 'friendly neighbourhood' atmosphere.
After various pop-up incarnations, Lebowskis South has finally, firmly bedded itself in as a permanent resident near the burgeoning central stretch of Strathbungo. It’s a gorgeous space – split level, open bricks, cool palette. Much of what’s worked at the big brother in Finnieston has been brought over the river: bowling balls and other nods to the Dude’s Americana, a drinks menu topping 100 spirits, and the ‘Little Book of White Russians’ – 26 varieties, all referencing the Coen Brothers’ film. The gourmet burgers are here too – and while basic chicken and beef varieties have stiff competition in town these days, they’re still big, rugged and decent value. More interesting options like a crisp, full-flavoured crab and haddock number really stand out. Adults, kids and dogs all seem equally happy during the day, but it’s a local bar in a thriving neighbourhood, and in the evenings a suitably different buzz begins.
- High point: A versatile addition to the neighbourhood, with broad appeal
- Low point: Not much space to stand with a drink
- Notable dish: The Big Lebowski burger (of course!)
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Openair: chart pop & rock
- Live entertainment: Open mic Sundays, acoustic sessions Thursdays
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2016
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £21 per bottle