- Telephone 0131 297 2630
- Seasonal times Festival: late licence
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11.45am–1am.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–8.30pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.copperblossom.com
Knowingly chintzy city centre basement bar with stylish drinks and a welcoming after-work atmosphere.
For a catch-up with pals, you could do worse than Copper Blossom. It’s light and airy, with plenty of flowery cushions: perhaps avoid if you are in a particularly dark mood or find girly décor tooth grinding. But otherwise the white-painted wood and bricks are pleasant, even if the furniture is a little matchy-matchy. Of a weekend DJs play Motown, house or R&B and the fun is fuelled by an elegant cocktail menu, which features the classics and pays attention to the details – try a Mai Tai with Plantation rum, Pierre Ferrand orange curacao and orgeat. Wines are small in number but good, a bottle of prosecco is £18, and there’s the odd craft ale on draught. The food menu plays it safe but fish and chips and cheeseburger do not disappoint and a lengthy ‘bites’ list makes for appealing sharing options.
- High point: Pretty steps and outside basement area
- Low point: Lacks a little soul
- Notable dish: Blossom cheeseburger
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk and soul
- Capacity: 105 seated, 250 standing (10 seated outside)
- Largest group: 26
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle