Good food and good tunes galore in this colourful Leith local.
Bar Brig is part of the wave of new pubs transforming Leith Walk into a hub for local live music. While perhaps not everyone welcomes this new vibe, especially those who have seen their local taken over by the younger generation, colourful places like this feel just as much at the heart of Leith’s ever-changing community. It’s a tight space but they cram a lot in, with booths around the edge and wee tables poking out from the bar. The staff are friendly, with a real welcome extending to new and returning customers. The crowd is mostly thirtysomethings in for the music, a few pints and a bite to eat and the food is a step up from the usual pub grub, riffing on a Mexican theme with tacos, tortillas and fajitas alongside burgers and ribs. Local bands play the Brig Below most nights while ad hoc acoustic sessions keep toes tapping upstairs.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/leith/bar-brig-leith#
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid-back tunes, geared to the night's live band
- Live entertainment: Acoustic sets upstairs on Tues, impromptu jamming sessions, live music in Brig Below most nights.
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
Compare the Market launch new 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals, restaurants in Edinburgh participate7 Aug 2018
Alongside big chains independent Edinburgh restaurants 11, Zucca, The Rosehip, Bar Brig and more will participate
Thanks to the latest money saving incentive from Compare the Market you can now dine out on 2 for 1 starters, mains and desserts with Meerkat Meals. The deal runs in conjunction with the ever popular 2 for 1 cinema ticket deal Meerkat Movies, and is…