Maki & Ramen
Bustling noodle joint offering steaming hot ramen and freshly made sushi.
Hip and quirky Maki & Ramen is a great spot for catching up with pals. Have a giggle while scanning the walls – they’re covered in colourful post-it notes sharing previous diners’ secrets, hopes and dreams – then start the food off with maki, a green dragon roll filled with prawn tempura and avocado, which is beautifully presented and delightfully fresh. The chicken yakatori is warming with a good punch of chilli and pairs nicely with sticky rice and crunchy broccoli on the side. If it’s a bit nippy, cool down with aloe vera water or green tea by your side. Alternatively, give the chef’s ‘burnt soyu’ a whirl: a deeply savoury, generous bowl of ramen with all sorts of accompaniments crammed into the bowl. Service is equally generous in this understated wee joint.
- High point: Great food and bustling atmosphere
- Low point: Tightly packed seating isn't great for groups
- Notable dish: Masterchef 'burnt soyu'
- Private dining: Up to 12 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Animes pop
- Capacity: 27
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2016
- BYOB: £2 wine, £0.50 beer corkage