Hoot The Redeemer
Fun cocktail bar from the Panda & Sons stable, blending subterranean cool with an inventive retro funfair theme.
Step down the stairs and behind the fortune-teller, back into a 1950s funfair complete with vintage cinema seating, booths and stools. Hoot the Redeemer is all about having fun – and cocktails. There’s a large menu of house cocktails but staff will also recommend something to suit your mood or prepare one of the classics, either as you like it or with a house twist. If that’s not your thing there are plenty of bottle and draft beers and wines. Boozy Capt’n Hoot slushies and alcoholic Senor Scoop ice-cream (both of which are available to take away) bring out the inner child. Or play Pinch’n Sip; use the claw crane to grab a ball with a flavour you like and the staff will mix up something just for you. Friday and Saturday night see the resident DJs play requests for the crowd.
- High point: The ice creams and slushies are available to take away
- Low point: But alcoholic brain freeze is no fun
- Notable dish: Raspberry Cosmo Senor Scoop ice cream
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul/Funk/Disco
- Capacity: 45 seated, 100 standing
- Largest group: 30 max (25 best)
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £18 per bottle