- Telephone 0141 248 1022
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–11pm; Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–10:30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–11pm; Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £11.50
- Website cote-restaurants.co.uk
French bistro chain offering simple French food, slickly served in a cool, Parisian-esque setting.
French-inspired Côte restaurants have been doing fine business across the UK for some years now and their appetising take on the classics isn’t half bad. The Glasgow version is a welcome haven off the hectic roads of West Nile Street where stripy awnings and dark grey walls open into a contemporary room with classy bar, soft lighting and lots of mirrors bouncing light around tall grey and black walls. The seasonal menu may include suitably Gallic starters like steak tartare, crab mayonnaise or a splendid eggs Benedict, perfectly poached and smothered in rustic homemade hollandaise. Main of pan-fried haddock is fresh and fluffy, served in its crispy skin with rich pea purée and a spray of peppery pea shoots while a moist free-range coq au vin has intense depth with hints of red wine, bacon and mushrooms draped over a mound of buttery mash. All-day dining starts with impressive breakfasts and there’s a variety of nicely priced special menus (including gluten-free and vegetarian) to suit taste and budgets. Alert and friendly waiting staff plus nicely priced, gluggable wines help to round off the experience.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Laid back jazz
- Capacity: 160
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: July 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £17.50 per bottle