- Telephone 0141 248 1022
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–11pm; Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–10:30pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–11pm; Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–10.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website cote-restaurants.co.uk
French bistro chain offering simple French food, slickly served in a cool, Parisian-esque setting.
Bringing a little Parisian charm to the city centre, Côte Brassiere’s formula works up and down the country, serving trusted Gallic dishes amid stylish surroundings – chequered flooring, plenty of wood, muted lighting and leather banquets set an intimate scene. Soft music plays in the background while formally dressed waiting staff offer a discreet service. Peruse the menu while nibbling on a piece of pissaladiére – a warm flatbread originating from Nice, spread with a generous amount of caramelised onions and melted reblochon cheese. Elsewhere, spinach and mushroom crêpes make a tasty light main, baked with a selection of earthy wild mushrooms and nutty gruyère cheese, the iron-laden spinach balancing the dish well. Veal, lamb, duck and a bouillabaisse-style fish dish all feature, plus a grill section that includes reasonably priced steak, cooked to blush over chargrill and very tasty indeed, the quality of the 30-day aged, grain-fed meat is evident. Save room for a pudding, there are a few treats to be had, from the classic crème brûlée and tarte au citron through to a cracking chocolate fondant, oozing and rich, a simple vanilla ice-cream allows the fondant to shine.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 160
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: July 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle