Osteria del Tempo Perso
- Telephone 0141 552 6009
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–10.30pm; Fri/Sat 11am–11pm
- Pre-theatre times All week, until 5pm
- Average price £8.50 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.50
- Website www.osteriadeltempoperso.info/glasgow/…
Elegant and relaxed Merchant City Italian restaurant, with a great selection of food and wine at good-value prices.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Having opened in 2015 in Glasgow’s Merchant City, Osteria del Tempo Perso brings relaxed Italian dining to this frequently busy part of town. Translating as ‘The Inn of Lost Time’, the mother and sons team behind this restaurant provide classic Mediterranean cooking in a setting that feels both traditional and modern. A starter to share – their board dell’osteria – comes with a vast array of Italian meats and cheeses plus a selection of bite-size versions of their starters – fantastic value at £14.50 for 2. Pizzas have a lovely thin base and the addition of garlic potatoes as a topping does not in the least feel stodgy. Pastas are mainly Italian classics, with sauces ranging from bolognese to mixed seafood, and most are available gluten-free. Plenty of meat and fish dishes are on offer, too, such as pan-seared sea bass in a saffron sauce and escalopes of veal. From their extensive and interesting list of Italian wines, most are available by the glass, and if you fancy an aperitif to kick off proceedings they’ve a fine selection of Italian-inspired cocktails.
- High point: Relaxed and welcoming surroundings
- Low point: Large portion sizes
- Notable dish: Chicken and spicy pizza
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle