Osteria del Tempo Perso
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 552 6009
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–10.30pm; Fri/Sat 11am–11pm
- Pre-theatre times All week, until 5pm
- Average price £8.50 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.50
- Website www.osteriadeltempoperso.info/glasgow/…
Elegant and relaxed Merchant City Italian restaurant, with a great selection of food and wine at good-value prices.
Osteria del Tempo Perso – a partnership between Tony Macaroni and the Acobelli brothers, Matteo and Marco – who, in the past, regularly appeared together on Italy’s version of ‘Ready, Stead, Cook’ – opened their Glasgow outfit in 2015. With a mother restaurant in Lazio and sister in Edinburgh, the small chain has gained in popularity over the last few years – the evidence can be seen with the steady stream of custom, even on a cold midweek night. It’s a pretty place with black and white flooring, dark leather and soft lighting, an array of broken clocks are dotted around, a nod to their name which translates as ‘the tavern of lost time’. Expect most of the usual pizza and pasta options with a couple of more unusual dishes, which are far superior to the standard offerings. Mezzi maniche, a small dumpy rigatoni, is folded through a rich sauce of cream and black pepper, the use of a punchy parmesan and the rich goat flavour of pecorino creates an excellent vegetarian option, while saltimbocca arrives with a deep and flavourful marsala sauce, the parma ham wrapped veal only slightly tough but seasoned well. There are some excellent offers available including weekends, making Osteria an affordable option for all.
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 65
- Largest group: 34
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle