- Telephone 07814 603938
- Food served Tue–Thu 11am–8pm; Fri/Sat 11am–10pm; Sun noon–7pm. Closed Mon. Closed Mon.
- Average price £8.50 (lunch); £8.50 (evening meal)
Compact and colourful Indian café serving authentic, home-cooked food in Tollcross.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It may be small but you can’t miss Nutan’s in the line of shops and cafes near the Cameo Cinema in Tollcross. Bold and bright both inside and out, this colourful eatery offers authentic, home-cooked Indian food. The menu is short but good value, with starters focusing on pakora and samosas, the latter a generous pasty-sized version, full of spiced potato and chickpeas. The meat and veggie mains vary depending on daily specials but the chicken korma is especially good. Full of flavour and spice and cooked to a medium heat, it’s a world away from the traditional sweet, creamy and often bland versions on offer elsewhere. Ideal for a quick bite before the cinema or theatre, it’s also handy for a cheap takeaway on the way home on this side of town.
- High point: Good for impromptu but authentic cheap eats
- Low point: A casual option that won’t be to everyone’s taste
- Notable dish: Chicken korma
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indian classical
- Capacity: 20 (2 outdoors)
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2015