No 8 Lister Square
- Telephone 0131 229 4634
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon—midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website no8listersquare.co.uk
A venue as grand as the surrounding Quartermile, but with a reassuringly personal touch for diners and drinkers alike.
Walled with glass on two levels and surrounded by flats and offices, No 8 Lister Square is a surprising oasis of calm with comfortable seating and views across the square. Friendly staff welcome locals, students and the after-work crowd to watch sport on large TV screens or get stuck into a game or two of pool. There is frequent live music, a weekly quiz and good offers on a Friday evening. Food wise the main event includes cooking your own steak on a hot lava stone, followed by a chocolate shake with just the right balance of chocolate, milk and ice. If you’re in more of a snacking mood, baked flatbreads are good for sharing with friends as you settle back with a cocktail or too.
- High point: Cooking your own steak
- Low point: Finishing it
- Notable dish: Steak & Shake
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Various
- Live entertainment: Live music on Mon, Wed and Thu, quiz on Tue.
- Capacity: 60 seated (60 outside)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 per bottle
Events at this venue
Daffy's Gin BBQ
Kick start the weekend with gin cocktails from Daffy's, plus burgers and hot dogs from the BBQ.
Fri 28 Jul
prices vary / 0131 229 4634
- 16:00 – 22:00