No 8 Lister Square
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 229 4634
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon—midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am
- Bar open Sun–Wed noon–midnight; Thu–Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat/Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website no8listersquare.co.uk
A venue as grand as the surrounding Quartermile, but with a reassuringly personal touch for diners and drinkers alike.
Walled with glass on two levels and surrounded by flats and offices, No 8 Lister Square is a surprising oasis of calm with comfortable seating and views across the square. Friendly staff welcome locals, students and the after-work crowd to watch sport on large TV screens or get stuck into a game or two of pool. There is frequent live music, a weekly quiz and good offers on a Friday evening. Food wise the main event includes cooking your own steak on a hot lava stone, followed by a chocolate shake with just the right balance of chocolate, milk and ice. If you’re in more of a snacking mood, baked flatbreads are good for sharing with friends as you settle back with a cocktail or too.
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Various
- Live entertainment: Live music on Mon, Wed and Thu, quiz on Tue.
- Capacity: 60 seated (60 outside)
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 per bottle