The Portobello Palm Tree
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 657 5669
- Seasonal times Winter hours – Mon–Thu 5pm–1am; Fri–Sun noon–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
Want to sit under a palm tree on a sunny day? Then head here for a relaxing drink.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Portobello beach is many wonderful things, but palm tree-laden is not one of them. So when sitting under a palm tree is called for, head to the cocktail garden of the Portobello Palm Tree for a relaxing pint, a colourful cocktail and, during the summer season, a bite to eat from the grill shack out back. Wooden decking, picnic table seating and umbrellas fill but don’t cram this sheltered, sun-catching space, while a laid-back atmosphere pervades. Feeling peckish? The shack’s log-fired oven turns out bubbling, crispy charred pizza, pairing happily with the many real ale choices on tap. A new menu for this fun pop-up is being launched in late spring 2016 and is planned to reflect the easy going, friendly community Portobello Palm Tree has established since its opening in 2015. [full menu not available for review at time of going to print]
- High point: Good place to catch some rays
- Low point: Food not always available: phone ahead if hungry
- Notable dish: none available at time of review
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Live music on Thursdays; showcase of up to 4 bands 1st Sat of the month
- Capacity: 45 (60 outdoors)
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle