- Telephone 0131 629 4664
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £5.50 (lunch)
- Website twelvetriangles.co.uk
This sweet spot serves extraordinary freshly baked doughnuts and other sugary treats, as well as breads and hot drinks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
After a coffee and a doughnut fix? This is the place. Twelve Triangles stands on the shoulders of the nearby Lovecrumbs bakery and offers a small, but perfectly formed, selection of breads, pastries and doughnuts along with fine tea, artisan coffee and rich hot chocolates. The menu changes daily according to the whims of the bakers and whatever flavour combinations take their fancy. Plum, walnut and gorgonzola focaccia anyone? Pistachio custard doughnut or perhaps a cinnamon bun with cream cheese icing? It’s a shopfront rather than a kitchen, but everything is freshly baked a short stroll away. This is a simple concept in a tiny space done well enough to have built up a loyal customer base and word of mouth brings a plentiful supply of newcomers through the door.
- High point: Paradise for doughnut lovers
- Low point: A place for pudding, rather than lunch
- Notable dish: Chocolate rose doughnut
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Indie tunes
- Capacity: 10
- Open since: 2015