Riverhill Restaurant & Bar
- Telephone 0141 248 3495
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–9.45pm, Sat 9am–9.45pm, Sun 9am–4.30pm
- Average price £20 (lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.riverhillcafe.com
A small city centre restaurant serving innovative, often exciting global dishes in an informal atmosphere.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With their original Helensburgh outpost going strong and a coffee bar around the corner, the small Riverhill chain has again expanded to take in this city centre restaurant and bar. From 8am breakfast begins with an array of goodies including full fry-up, multiple egg on toast variants plus granola, porridge and everything in between. Sandwiches plus more substantial meals are available throughout the day with evening focusing on the best of local produce incorporated into an array of globally influenced options – don’t be surprised if nothing is familiar, yet the knowledgeable staff will guide you with confidence and ease. Goat biryani bursts with layer upon layer of flavour and texture from soft meat, crunchy almonds and bursts of pomegranate. Served on the side – kasundi, a fiery and rich tomato relish adds a wicked kick while a luscious buttery wholewheat poori makes the perfect scooping implement for the rice and meat mixture. Save room for chocolate or salted caramel fondue – cookies, puff candy, fruit and nuts make a delightful combination dipped in the molten mixture. Space is at a premium at this rightly popular diner so do book ahead.
- High point: Exciting dishes for the experimental diner
- Low point: Booking always needed
- Notable dish: Goat Biryani
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclextic Mix
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £17 per bottle