- Telephone 0141 339 6275
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–8pm; Sat–Sun 10am–8pm.
- Average price £4.15 (set lunch); (evening meal)
- Website juicegarden.org
Juices, salads and raw food a speciality in the bright, airy surroundings of this Byres Road café.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Fresh, bright and clean – all attributes that fit the food and drink, as well as décor and atmosphere of this home of healthy living. As you might expect, the garden theme makes its way unobtrusively into the interior design, with lots of plants about and ‘grass’ underfoot. Raw food is Juice Garden’s trademark speciality, from mains like raw lasagne and macadamia and spinach cannelloni, to raw desserts such as cheesecake made with date syrup, cashew cream and fruit. Health benefits aside, the food is undeniably tasty, and the plentiful range of juices includes greens like kale, broccoli and spinach, and breakfast smoothies filled with oats and banana. Chia seed puddings, with the consistency of ice-cream, are flavoured with fresh strawberry or blueberry compote, and are an unusual and delicious addition to the menu.
- High point: Big variety of juices
- Low point: Mains can be on the expensive side
- Notable dish: Raw desserts
- Delivery: Through Deliveroo and Just Eat, free if over £20
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Caries, funk, upbeat over weekends and evenings
- Capacity: 24
- Largest group: 24
- Open since: 2014