- Telephone 0141 334 3334
- Food served Mon–Sun 7am–midnight
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.oldsaltys.co.uk
Posh West End chippy – with another in Finnieston, doing a good selection of fish and other fried fare
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
If you’re the type that would rather eat your fish and chips from a plate, in trendy, attractive surroundings, Old Salty’s is for you. This stylish chip shop café is making deep-fat frying cool again. It has a fun seafaring-seadog cabin style going on that carries a relaxed vibe. Choose from fresh and tasty cod, hake, haddock or even calamari with proper chippy chips, and mushy peas or pickled egg side orders. While there may be a couple of token healthier items on the menu such as seared tiger prawns with lemon and chilli starter, or fillet of coley with spring onion mash, this place is all about a traditional chippy menu, right down to the macaroni pie supper and strawberry jelly pudding.
- High point: Merry seafaring surroundings
- Low point: Not much good if you don’t like chips
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 48
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £15 per bottle