Grilled delights and craft beers are served in a smoke-scented setting.
A subtle smoky smell softens this industrial space: oak provides fuel for the blacksmith forged grill and flavours the food, while logs line the walls by way of functional decoration. Scorch-marked steaks and succulent spatchcock chicken are just a couple of dishes which excite the taste buds well into the small hours, although perhaps a towering burger would be more fitting at 2.30am. Salads are include charred ingredients like aubergine, chicken and tuna, so no-one misses the fun of the fire. Children are welcome, with their own menu up until 11pm but it is worth noting this is a bustling bar in Edinburgh’s busy Cowgate area. Tempest brewery taps are supplemented with a selection of craft beers from across the UK and US while classic cocktails are also available to complement this less than typical bar menu.
- Private dining: Up to 90 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Bar beats
- Live entertainment: DJs on Fri and Sat.
- Capacity: 260
- Largest group: 40-50
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £16 per bottle