- Telephone 0141 334 8243
- Food served Mon-Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 10am–5pm
- Average price (set lunch)
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The slow pace in this super laid-back gourmet sandwich shop nestled in Glasgow’s Partick–Hyndland border doesn’t put off customers. When the food does arrive it’s easy to see why. Hell’s belly – one of six sandwiches on the menu – is a sweet and salty marvel with a plum and bacon jam cutting through melted cheddar and smoky chicken on a toasted brioche bun. It’s up there with the best sarnies around – and that says a lot in these parts. For those who have worked their way through the sandwich menu, the specials board offers variety, while breakfast is served all day at weekends. Whether you take a seat in their decent-sized front of shop with a soup and salad combo, or dart off with a hot sandwich and Dear Green coffee to hand, Devils Deli is worth making time for.
- High point: Home-smoked meats
- Low point: Occasionally long queues
- Notable dish: Hell's belly sandwich
- Provides: Children's portions, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 10 (4 outdoors)
- Open since: 2015