The Boozy Cow
A provocative punk dive bar and burger joint serving dirty dogs and punny cocktails with live music.
Be prepared to get your hands dirty in the city's only graffiti-plastered comfort food joint. Catering unashamedly towards the gluttonous carnivore, Boozy Cow encourage tearing through a greasy paper bag full of popcorn chicken or scraping up the remaining smears of sloppy beef chilli with your bare hands. Thankfully there's plenty of kitchen towel. The waffles are proclaimed kick-ass and quite rightly so, with heaps of signature cheese sauce and sour cream camouflaging a doorstop of deep-fried macaroni. It's nothing a strong rum Painkiller or pungent Rockstar Martini can't pleasantly wash down. Come night, metal trays of food give way to flying-saucer topped cocktails and boozed-up milk cartons, gulped down to the beat of 'Disco Dave's' rock remixes (Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays) or local indie tunes (Thursdays and Sundays). But come daytime attention is drawn to the demonic wall art and quirky punk aesthetic. Lingerie-clad skeletons, black-marker penned profanities, splatters of blood and provocative spray-painted figures, all illuminated by red neon signs labour that heavy-duty meat theme: 'What's your beef?'
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/new-town/boozy-cow
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock/ Disco/
- Live entertainment: DJ set 9pm Tue & Fri, 9.30pm Sat; Live accoustic set Thu 8–10pm & Sun 6–8pm
- Capacity: 100 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: no advance group bookings
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £17 per bottle