Piece @ Inovo
Always busy and bright at Piece’s most Eastward venture, where snappy artisan sandwiches and cakes are enjoyed by students, lecturers and workers.
The sleek Inovo Centre is almost unique in central Glasgow in that it doesn’t occupy a right-angled grid slot the way most other buildings do, and Piece’s ground floor corner unit therein is an absolute cracker. The sun shines over the Merchant City and comes through full-length windows on two sides. Students, lecturers and office workers have all contributed to the café’s steadily rising tide of breakfast and lunch-hour custom, where the changing-daily range of small sandwiches (see Miller St) entice and delight – pulled pork has a proper kick to it, Vietnamese chicken is enlivened by crunchy carrot. After that, the jaffa orange cake puts ten oranges into each bake, and one can genuinely taste shreds of citrus (not overly sweet) in each bite, and appreciate a cake that tastes grown up.
- High point: Location, location, location
- Low point: Shared seats at tables of 8 isn’t for everyone
- Notable dish: Chicken Ole (with aged manchego, spicy chorizo, chunky salsa & chilli mayo)
- Delivery: Corporate catering and delivery to nearby offices, by arrangement, only
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Spotify playlists, accessible but cool stuff
- Capacity: 18 (32 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0