- Telephone 0131 228 1905
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–5pm; Fri 8am–10.30pm; Sat 10am–10.30pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Festival: open late
- Food served Mon 8am–5pm; Tue–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.soderberg.uk
Söderberg’s sourdough pizza serves up a slice of Swedish delights.
It’s safe to say Söderberg is the lynchpin of the Quartermile development, with a busy café looking out onto Middle Meadow Walk, a smaller bakery shop around the corner and this, their all-day restaurant on Lister Square. They’ve done a grand job of hygge-ing up the slightly corporate-looking space, with rugs, blankets and candles and of course the huge wood-burning oven which dominates the room. Open all day and into most evenings, breakfast is a simple affair based around their sourdough toast, waffles and of course the ubiquitous (and tasty) cinnamon and cardamom buns. The pizza oven warms up for lunch and stays hot for dinner; both menus feature a nicely pared-back selection of thin-crust sourdough pizza with simple toppings like feta and spinach, chorizo and rocket or marinated aubergine with smoked feta. There’s a weekend brunch too, where eggs baked in the stone oven or whipped into omelettes take centre stage. You can easily imagine Quartermile’s residents treating this place as an extension to their living room, though the trademark Söderberg quality and attention to details means it is worthy of anyone’s time.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 50 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle