Söderberg Pavilion Café
- Telephone 0131 228 1905
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–5pm; Fri 8am–10.30pm; Sat 10am–10.30pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Festival: open late
- Food served Mon–Thu 8am–5pm; Fri 8am–10.30pm; Sat 10am–10:30pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Average price £8 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.soderberg.uk
Söderberg’s sourdough pizza serves up a slice of Swedish delights
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Having brought Swedish baking to the Quartermile in a big way with Peter’s Yard and Söderberg bakery, Peter Ljungquist is now treating us to a lesser-known but equally delicious Swedish delicacy: sourdough pizza. There’s no bones about the focus here, the pizza oven is in the centre of the room and produces stone baked pizzas quickly, thanks to their thin crusts. There are options to suit all appetites at lunch, with a choice of two, four, or eight slices, plus open sandwiches and salads. From Thursday to Saturday there's an evening menu with a wider choice of pizza toppings such as mozzarella, prosciutto and spinach, or fishy treats like Scottish smoked salmon, crème-fraîche, capers, and dill. Scandi-cool décor, large windows, and a relaxed atmosphere makes this a welcome addition to the Quartermile dining scene.
- High point: A winning twist on pizza
- Low point: The stylish, but unsegregated, bathroom space might put some off
- Notable dish: Sourdough pizza
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Scandi chilled
- Capacity: 50 (20 outside)
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle