Söderberg Pavilion Café
- Telephone 0131 228 1905
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–5pm; Fri 8am–10.30pm; Sat 10am–10.30pm; Sun 10am–4pm.
- Seasonal times Festival: open late
- Bar open Brunch is served Sat/Sun 10am–6pm; lunch is served Mon–Fri noon–6pm; dinner is served Fri/Sat 6–10pm
- Food served Mon 8am–5pm; Tue–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Pre-theatre times 0
- Average price £12 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.soderberg.uk
Söderberg’s sourdough pizza serves up a slice of Swedish delights.
Set a little further into the Quartermile development than their sister venue (Peter's Yard café), this pizza restaurant and working bakery is found in Lister Square, the slightly corporate looking hub of restaurants in this ever-evolving neighbourhood. Although the glass buildings and surrounding office blocks might not be everyone's cup of tea, the Söderberg folks have done their best to make this a welcoming spot, with sheepskin rugs and soft blankets dotted around to keep customers warm (handy for the outdoor tables), a burning oven in the centre of the room, low hanging lights and candles on tables. Besides the hygge touches, they also take great care over their food and drink; there are jugs of water at the door, filled with cucumber, fruit or fresh mint, a tempting short cocktail menu, and three separate brunch, lunch and evening menus (check website for serving times, it gets a bit complicated). Breakfast might be a simple cinnamon bun and black coffee, or a sharing basket of sourdough rolls, chocolate muffins, Swedish crispbread, l’Escure butter, clotted cream, jam, charcuterie and Mull of Kintyre cheese. The thin-based pizzas come highly recommended, topped with creamy mozzarella, chorizo, spinach or specials like roast sweet potato.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 50 (20 outside)
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle