- Telephone 0131 228 1905
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–3pm; closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–3pm; closed Sun.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Website www.soderberg.uk
Fabby wee bakery with a strong Swedish accent.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
The Söderberg bakeries are a satellite of the larger Peter’s Yard cafés, with branches in the West End and the Quartermile. Petite and stylish, their glass counters are filled with goodies – scones, cinnamon buns and mazarins – delicious cakes filled with almond paste. The shelves are loaded with a variety of breads (white sourdough is the regulars’ top choice), and they also serve focaccia topped with ingredients like olives, brie and red pepper. The fillings of cheese, meat and vegan sandwiches rotate daily, with the extremely tasty salmon laxora on white sourdough always available. Earthy soups such as root vegetable and barley are served with coarse rye bread, and there is also a salad option. You can pick up some Swedish granola, jams and marmalades – and the coffee is really good too.
- High point: Salmon laxora sandwich
- Low point: Only a couple of chairs in the West End branch
- Notable dish: Salmon laxora sandwich
- Capacity: 3
- Open since: 2015 (Queensferry St branch)