Söderberg Bakery Shop West End
- Telephone 0131 228 1905
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 9am–3pm; closed Sun.
- Seasonal times Later evening opening times during August.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat/Sun 9am–3pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch)
- Website www.soderberg.uk
Fantastic wee artisan bakery chain with a strong Swedish accent.
The Söderberg bakeries are a satellite of the larger Peter’s Yard cafés, with branches in the West End and the Quartermile. Petite and stylish, their glass counters are filled with goodies – scones, cinnamon buns and mazarins – delicious cakes filled with almond paste. The shelves are loaded with a variety of breads (white sourdough is the regulars’ top choice), and they also serve focaccia topped with ingredients like olives, brie and red pepper. The fillings of cheese, meat and vegan sandwiches rotate daily, with the extremely tasty salmon laxora on white sourdough always available. Earthy soups such as root vegetable and barley are served with coarse rye bread, and there is also a salad option. You can pick up some Swedish granola, jams and marmalades – and the coffee is really good too.
- Delivery: ask for details
- Capacity: 3
- Open since: 2015 (Queensferry St branch)