- Telephone 0131 667 0200
- Opening times Tue–Sun noon–9.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Sun noon–9pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £10 mixed sushi box and a soup or a salad. (lunch); £10 mixed sushi box and a soup or a salad. (evening meal)
- Website soulsushi.co.uk
Some of the best sushi in the city at this new central cafe for an old Restalrig favourite.
Previously a little-known star based out in Restalrig, Soul Sushi kept a low profile by only offering food for delivery or collection. But after a brief hiatus, chef Tom Hyde plans to introduce his fantastic sushi to the heart of the city. His new café-style base (in the old Knight's Kitchen premises in Nicholson Street) will feature pre-packed fridge boxes to takeaway, home delivery and limited seating. Alongside his trademark hosomaki, nigiri, rolls and sashimi, there will also be fresh salads and miso soups with tofu or salmon, while a 50% discount on all fridge boxes in the last half hour of opening is definitely worth knowing about [not letting everyone know about. [not open for full review at time of going to press]
- High point: Excellent sushi
- Low point: No more Leith deliveries will disappoint old regulars
- Notable dish: Mixed sashimi with ponzu (coriander-seared tuna, salmon, tuna)
- Delivery: Deliveroo, within a two-mile radius.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Pre-theatre menu
- Capacity: 14
- Open since: 2017 (2014 in old premises)