Maison de Moggy
- Opening times Daily: 11am–7pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10.45am–6.30pm (closed 2.15–3pm).
- Average price £12 (set lunch)
- Website maisondemoggy.com
Coffee and cake in the company of some of Edinburgh's best-behaved cats.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
If you’re a cake lover, you wanna watch out for Elodie. She’s small and cute but she’s a wily one; she’ll sneak up behind you and suddenly your peanut butter brownie from the Ridiculously Sticky Brownie Co will be no more. Ironically, it’ll be you that gets the blame from Laura O’Neill and her band of kitty protectors, who lay down strict rules, number one of which is don’t feed the furry ones. To be fair, this is more of a cat experience than a café and the cakes are a mere distraction from the feline fancies that you pay your £7 entry fee to hang out with. Look out for Chinchilla Persian Guillaume, who has the softest fur, or pure white Norwegian Forest Cat Jacques. Nonetheless, an impressive effort has gone into sourcing local tea, coffee and fresh cakes from top-notch Edinburgh bakeries for you to munch on in between strokes – just don't leave anything unattended!
- High point: Elodie, Guilllame, Jacques and Philippe
- Low point: You can’t just pop in, booking is a must
- Notable dish: Ridiculously Sticky Brownie Co peanut butter brownie
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soothing swing / jazz
- Live entertainment: THE CATS! 12 of them!
- Capacity: 15
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 2015