This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 423 0084
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–11pm; Fri noon–midnight; Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 10am–11pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–10pm; Fri noon–11pm; Sat 10am–11pm; Sun 10am–10pm
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–8.30pm; Fri noon–9.30pm; Sat 9am–9.30pm; Sun 9am–8.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £19.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.thesalisbury.co.uk
Modern Strathbungo bar and restaurant serving locally sourced fish dishes and boasting an individual menu of Scottish craft gins and tonic pairings.
Bridging two streets The Salisbury is nestled in the heart of the burgeoning Strathbungo drinking scene. The interior is modern with suspended light bulbs and exposed brick, while the double glass frontage allows the compact restaurant to feel spacious. A spirit has to prove its merit to join the neat ranks behind the bar, which also serves its own draft, Salisbury Brew. The stand-alone gin menu suggests tonic pairings with their Scottish craft gins, with the slight spice of a Fever-Tree Ginger Ale complementing the botanicals of an Eden Mill Oak. The food menu specialises in fish, locally sourced from the west coast and deftly paired with contrasting flavours. Salt cod is served with subtly sweet toffee mash bon bon and married with tartare velouté. Likewise seared sea bream is skilfully cooked and accompanied by a refreshing pineapple and clam fricassée. Dessert cocktails offer a closing flourish of fresh ingredients.
- High point: Quality Scottish ingredients and spirits
- Low point: Double entrance can result in awkward pavement dithering
- Notable dish: Salt cod, toffee mash bon bon, tartare sauce velouté
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A mix of indie-pop and soul.
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle