The Wilson Street Pantry
- Telephone 0141 552 0606
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–5pm
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
Ultra-stylish Merchant City daytime hot spot, with a great communal table – perfect for lengthy catch-ups over brunch and mimosas.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
All monochrome sleekness and people-watching feature windows, the Wilson Street Pantry brings an enticing injection of NYC brunch chic to Merchant City. The concise menu showcases midday classics such as eggs royale with delicately smoked salmon and a foam-light hollandaise, alongside smart twists on 21st-century staples such as avo on toast, pepped up with the addition of lemon oil and smoked salt. Sandwiches are more standard fare but elevated by high-quality ingredients – you’ll find home-baked ham and George Mewes cheddar in your cheese toastie, with an allotment's-worth of well-dressed salad on the side. Finish up with a strong flat white (in a beautiful charcoal clay cup – attention to detail here is everything) and a floral slice of bergamot and honey cake, or throw your Manolo Blahniks to the wind and order that second mimosa cocktail.
- High point: Exemplary eggs royale
- Low point: Daytime haunt only
- Notable dish: Eggs Royale
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 32 (8 outdoors)
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £17 per bottle