My Home Bakery
- Food served Tue 9.30am–4pm; Wed–Sat 9.30am–5pm. Closed Sun/Mon. Closed Sun/Mon
- Average price £3, soup and sandwich (takeaway)
Sat in a small corner unit on Hyndland Street, My Home Bakery produces a mouthwatering selection of soups, sandwiches, pastries, cakes, and breads.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It is advisable to arrive at My Home Bakery on a very empty stomach, as the only possible natural reaction to the display of freshly baked goodies is an irresistible urge to eat everything in sight. Start your day with a pastry and a coffee from their revolutionary WiFi-operated machine, or pop in at lunch for a £3 soup and sandwich combo, with the possible addition of a cake for an extra pound – a reasonable and satisfying alternative to a supermarket meal deal. The staff are extremely generous with their time and are more than happy to help with the impossible task of choosing from the cake selection, highlights of which include the rich chocolate volcano and the delicately sweet rhubarb and custard tart.
- High point: That homely freshly baked taste
- Low point: Having to make a cake choice
- Notable dish: Pork and black pudding sausage roll
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: pop
- Capacity: 6 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0