My Home Bakery
Set in a small corner unit on Hyndland Street, My Home Bakery produces a mouthwatering selection of soups, sandwiches, pastries, cakes, and breads.
A rushed take-out lunch needn't be nasty, with limp sarnies and a generic, plasticky cake. The cheery folk of My Home Bakery, a simply-designed takeaway café on busy Hyndland Street, offer fresh baked goodies every day ready to grab and go (though there are a few chairs inside if you want to sit down and eat). There are five choices of sausage roll, but the substantial pork and black pudding variety is the most popular. Sandwiches include the likes of hummus and roast vegetables in a fresh roll and are nicely filling. The manager's mum's recipe crumble is a nice winter warmer, while their cheesecake is a bit of a revolutionary idea – it's baked in pastry so that it can be easier to eat on the move than the traditional kind. They also sell party boxes and larger occasion cakes.
- High point: It really does taste home baked
- Low point: Not much space to sit in
- Notable dish: 'On the go' cheesecake
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Local radio
- Capacity: 9 (4 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2013