Odds & Ends Coffee
- Telephone 0131 228 1898
- Seasonal times Winter: Mon–Fri 9am–5pm, Sat/Sun 10am–5pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm, Sat/Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch)
A quirky coffee shop space, filled with rustic frames, vintage tea-cups and other trinkets.
Take one look around this spacious café set on a roundabout in the heart of Polwarth and you'll get some idea where the name came from. All quirky coffee houses seem to go for retro, mis-matched décor these days, but there's something raw and stripped-back about Odds and Ends. The brick walls are unfinished, the furniture is emphatically vintage and knick-knacks like the classic typewriter by the door give an antique shop feel, yet there’s a warmth and a purpose too. A great spot for local parents and dog owners, it serves simple breakfasts of granola, bagels and croissants, and lunches including daily soup and quiche, sandwiches, croque-monsieur and homemade hummus with oatcakes. There are good vegan options, while the games evening on the first Wednesday of every month is worth watching for.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Games evening on the first Wed of every month.
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2017