- Telephone 0141 638 7772
- Opening times Mon–Thu 9am–11pm; Fri/Sat 9am–1am; Sun 11am–11pm
- Bar open Mon–Thu 10am–11pm; Fri/Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times 5–6.45pm
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.michaelangelosglasgow.co.uk
Tucked away in a corner of Clarkston, Michaelangelo's authentic cuisine and delicious seafood is worth travelling to taste.
Now entering its third year in business Michaelangelo’s is every bit as popular as its antecedent Roma Mia. While appearing modest from the outside, Michaelangelo’s is a sleek and spacious restaurant that is regularly packed out. Michael(angelo) learned all he knows from his father Cav. Massimo Onorati who, incidentally, was knighted by the Italian government in 1998 for his services representing his cuisine abroad. No doubt Massimo endorses the output of Michaelangelo’s all-Italian kitchen: fresh pasta and bread made daily, locally sourced produce, and a keen observance of tradition. The kitchen’s enthusiasm shines through in each dish. From the specials, a starter of lightly seared scallops is coated in an intensely earthy wild mushroom and saffron cream sauce accentuating their nutty sweetness. Classic melanzane alla parmigiana is elegantly assembled with aubergine that is smoky and creamy without being mushy. The panciotti Michaelangelo, with al dente pasta encasing a velvety-smooth filling of scallops and king prawns and topped with crisp parma ham, is beautiful with contrasting textures and balanced sweet and salty notes.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: funk & soul
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle