Guild of Foresters
- Telephone 0131 669 2750
- Seasonal times Occasional late licences ie Hogmanay
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Thu 11am–9pm; Fri 11am–9.30pm; Sat 10am–9.30pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Average price £18.50 (lunch); £18.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.forestersguild.co.uk
A convivial pub with sound service, good food and a relaxed atmosphere, indoors and out.
The Guild of Foresters welcomes all; kids, dogs, average punters and minor celebrities. They also boast what is arguably Porty’s best beer garden, complete with roofed beach huts for when the Scottish weather lives up to expectations, and a separate room dedicated to the fine art of watching sport. Foresters food is well-prepared and served generously, using responsibly sourced ingredients. Steaks are front and centre on the menu, alongside classic fish and chips and burgers, but there are also less typical dishes to be found, with the likes of goat’s cheese panacotta or roast cauliflower steak with potato, paprika and red pepper stew mixing things up a little. Service is friendly and the cosy décor ticks many of the boxes you might expect in a modern pub, including exposed brick walls and chunky wood fixtures, as well as some that you might not – sit back far enough in your armchair and you can gaze up at a ceiling map of the Firth of Forth.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening
- Live entertainment: Occasional acoustic sets - check Facebook
- Capacity: 75 seated (30 outside)
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15.50 per bottle