Noodle N Ice
- Telephone 0131 281 0301
- Seasonal times Extended opening hours during August
- Food served Sun–Sat 11am–9.30pm.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
Casual Thai dining with a big focus on noodles and ice cream, as per the name, demonstrates a loyal following
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
In busy South Bridge, Noodle ‘N’ Ice is a casual Thai eatery looking after students, tourists and hungry locals with steaming noodle dishes and a lot more besides. The laid-back venue features seating at long, adjacent tables and bench seating at first and main floor levels – perfect for larger groups as well as pairs of dining chums. The menu is divided between light bites and mains with food arriving as it’s ready from the kitchen, rather than in a strict order. Thai fishcakes hold a nice flavour of fish and shellfish, while crunchy sweet potato fritters are easily munched away. Their signature noodle n ice pad see ew is chicken and noodle comfort food, given a kick by ample crushed peanuts and chilli flakes. Pad kra pao, with veg, tofu, chicken, beef or king prawn is a bit less spicy than standard, but no doubt this could be adjusted when ordering. Pad prew wan combines seared chicken with sweet and sour pineapple in generous portions. Many flavours of S Luca’s ice cream await the clean plate club finalists.
- High point: Who doesn't love noodles and ice cream?
- Low point: Bench seating is not for lingering over a meal
- Notable dish: Noodle n ice pad see ew
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: pop
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0