- Telephone 0131 557 3750
- Food served Mon–Sun 11.30am–11.45pm.
- Average price £11 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.zuhus.co.uk
Zuhus serves good chicken spiced to your liking to sit-in or take away.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Chicken restaurants have become a big deal over the last few years and with the notable success of one particular chain, local restaurateurs are looking to get in on the action. Zuhus is a venture located on South Bridge, from the family responsible for Kebabish in Dalry. The interior has a clean, stylish and spacious seating area with a room next door for cooking and placing your order. As expected, chicken dominates the menu, but there are also burgers, pittas and wraps with a Mediterranean influence. Their speciality peri peri chicken comes in four heats on the spiceometer – daredevil, hooting hot, marvellous medium or mellow mild. A sharing platter offers one or two whole chickens and a choice of sides. Choose from sweet potato fries (with the option of peri peri powder), corn on the cob, coleslaw or homemade garlic bread. With a mixed clientele of students, regulars and passers-by, this is really good chicken spiced to your liking.
- High point: Tasty chicken to sit-in or take away
- Low point: Can get cramped on Friday and Saturday nights
- Notable dish: Whole peri peri chicken
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: 2014
- BYOB: none corkage