- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat 10am–6pm; Sun 10am–5pm.
- Average price £5.50 (coffee & cake/pastry)
- Website www.cult-espresso.com
Single origin coffee expertly converted from bean to cup by two Mahlkönig K30 grinders.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Hiding behind a deceptively small frontage at the bottom of Buccleuch Street, this hip, split-level venue, features bierhalle-style tables and seating: it’s a far cry from Cult’s original incarnation as a kiosk in Dalmeny train station. Single origin coffee from suppliers including Bonanza, Roundhill and Five Elephant, is the order of the day here, expertly converted from bean to cup by Bert and Ernie, their two Mahlkönig K30 grinders. There are fifteen-plus teas, a number of shakes and smoothies and a decent choice of tasty soups, sandwiches, salads and quiches too. It’s also one of only a handful of serious coffee bars to serve up that other early morning essential, the bacon roll.
- Notable dish: Coffee
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic hip-hop
- Capacity: 30 (approx.)
- Open since: 2014