Civerinos Italian Street Food & Pizza Slice Bar
- Telephone 0131 220 0851
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–3am.
- Average price £18 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.civerinos.com
Laid-back and hip restaurant serving up Italian street food that’s the real deal.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Honest and laid-back, with excellent service and food as authentic as you’d find in Italy, Civerinos has a hip-Brooklyn-pizza-joint vibe. And if pizza is your thing, this is the real deal. A choice of 11 are made to order, with a couple available by the (massive) slice. Snacks and starters include calamari, meatballs, zucchini fritters and polenta & rosemary chips, the latter two dishes served with a tomato sugo you’ll later obsess over how to recreate. Mint & chilli feta salad is flavoursome and fresh, while the meat & cheese platter is laden with traditional Italian produce (and the option to add a side of sugo which you’d be mad to ignore). Of course there’s a range of pasta dishes, among them a 12-hour slow-cooked beef ragu, and if you’re still hungry after that, the Italian zeppole hot donuts & cinnamon sugar served with whipped vanilla cream will put you right. Brilliant at any time of the day, but Civerinos really comes into its own at night: communal tables bustle with life and DJs play at weekends until the small hours.
- High point: Great ‘slow fast food’ and top service
- Low point: Having to leave
- Notable dish: Pizza! Sugo! Pizza! Sugo!
An exciting, creative, cheeky & fresh new Italian street food & pizza slice restaurant & bar in Edinburgh. Serving fresh italian street food, hand made pastas and artisan sour dough pizza like no where else in the city.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Various
- Live entertainment: DJ's from10pm–3am at weekends
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.50 (500ml carafe) per bottle