Civerinos Italian Street Food & Pizza Slice Bar
- Telephone 0131 220 0851
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.civerinos.com
Stylish Hunter Square eatery with communal bench tables and some of the city’s finest sourdough pizza and Italian street snacks.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Honest and laid-back, with excellent service and food as authentic as you’d find in Italy, Civerinos has a hip-Brooklyn-pizza-joint vibe. And if pizza is your thing, this is the real deal. A choice of 11 are made to order, with a couple available by the (massive) slice. Snacks and starters include calamari, meatballs, zucchini fritters and polenta & rosemary chips, the latter two dishes served with a tomato sugo you’ll later obsess over how to recreate. Mint & chilli feta salad is flavoursome and fresh, while the meat & cheese platter is laden with traditional Italian produce (and the option to add a side of sugo which you’d be mad to ignore). Of course there’s a range of pasta dishes, among them a 12-hour slow-cooked beef ragu, and if you’re still hungry after that, the Italian zeppole hot donuts & cinnamon sugar served with whipped vanilla cream will put you right. Brilliant at any time of the day, but Civerinos really comes into its own at night: communal tables bustle with life and DJs play at weekends until the small hours.
- High point: Great ‘slow fast food’ and top service
- Low point: Having to leave
- Notable dish: Pizza! Sugo! Pizza! Sugo!
An exciting, creative, cheeky & fresh new Italian street food & pizza slice restaurant & bar in Edinburgh. Serving fresh italian street food, hand made pastas and artisan sour dough pizza like no where else in the city.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky retro tunes
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.50 (500ml carafe) per bottle