Civerinos Italian Street Food & Pizza Slice Bar
- Telephone 0131 220 0851
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.civerinos.com
Stylish Hunter Square eatery with communal bench tables and some of the city’s finest sourdough pizza and Italian street snacks.
While Civerinos' stylish Hunter Square venue ticks a lot of Italian street snack boxes, its cheese-laden sourdough pizzas are undoubtedly the star of the show. A fast-paced front-of-house bustles around communal timber tables and comfy bench seating alongside trendy exposed brick walls, subway tiles, low hanging pendants and funky retro tunes. Paper plates and metal takeaway tubs carry garlic-marinated calamari, melting mozzarella arancini and popular zucchini fries from an appealing list of antipasti, sides and salads. Meatballs bobbing in San Marzano tomato and porcini sauce form a standout pizza option, ably supported by caramelised onion, potato and sausage; or pepperoni by the slice. All can be washed down with a very drinkable glass of house wine or a couple of cold beers, with a handful of desserts available for those venturing beyond some of the city’s finest pizza.
- High point: Much-heralded pizzas and supporting cast of snacks
- Low point: No bookings unless you’re a big party
- Notable dish: Any of the sourdough pizzas
An exciting, creative, cheeky & fresh new Italian street food & pizza slice restaurant & bar in Edinburgh. Serving fresh italian street food, hand made pastas and artisan sour dough pizza like no where else in the city.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funky retro tunes
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £12.50 (500ml carafe) per bottle