Civerinos Italian Street Food & Pizza
- Telephone 0131 220 0851
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Seasonal times Thu–Sat noon–midnight during August
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–10pm; Thu–Sat noon–11pm.
- Website www.civerinos.com
Loud and lively family-run Italian serving great food in the heart of the Old Town.
Civerino’s has been a hit on Edinburgh’s dining scene since it opened its doors in 2015. Typical Italian dishes are served like street food on silver trays and wooden boards, with diners seated on long sharing tables. The atmosphere is hip and relaxed – even the restaurant’s eye-catching replica of Michelangelo’s David sports a pair of Ray-Bans. When it comes to the food, carbonara comes with huge chunks of guanciale and generous shavings of parmesan, topped with a perfect yellow yoke waiting to be mixed. Antipasti boards are piled high with meat, cheese and chunky focaccia and the crispy pizzas are just as generously topped. The signature pizza – The Civerinos – with Sicilian sausage, spicy pepperoni and melted burrata is a must, best washed down with a delicious frozen Aperol Spritz straight from the slushy machine. Save space for the zeppole doughnuts, which can only be described as little nuggets of deep-fried heaven.
An exciting, creative, cheeky & fresh new Italian street food & pizza slice restaurant & bar in Edinburgh. Serving fresh italian street food, hand made pastas and artisan sour dough pizza like no where else in the city.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 30 (downstairs restaurant and garden space)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 80s anthems, 90s hip hop, both played loudly.
- Capacity: 80 (50 outdoors)
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £20 per bottle