- Telephone 0131 557 2717
- Opening times Daily: noon–11pm.
- Seasonal times Open 1 hour later at Christmas
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–6.30pm; Fri noon–5pm
- Pre-theatre price £11 ('Presto' lunch menu available until early evening)
- Website www.tonymacaroni.co.uk/italian-restaurants/…
Tucked away in the Omni Centre’s mall, this friendly, family-orientated venue is perfectly placed for a Playhouse pre-theatre fuel-up.
Perfectly placed for a Playhouse pre-theatre fuel-up, Tony Macaroni brings evenly priced, family-orientated dining to the masses. Tucked away in the Omni Centre’s mall, subtitled cinema on silent screens illuminates a spacious, contemporary-styled dining room with warm timber tones and brown leather booths. An all-day à la carte menu covers a vast amount of ground, from deep-fried arancini and mozzarella sticks with ketchup dip, to goat’s cheese-topped burgers and pizzas laden with pepperoni. Hearty portions of baby backribs smothered in barbecue sauce emerge from the fast-paced open kitchen, alongside rigatoni with meatballs and two dozen seafood or meaty mains. Soup and sandwich combos appear on a great value, office-friendly lunch offer, with a range of towering ice-cream sundaes rounding off the three-course Sunday set-price deal. With plenty of sister restaurants dotted around the country, this is a friendly, fill-you-up kind of place with more than enough choice to keep customers content.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: In-house radio station playing mixed tunes
- Capacity: 186 (220 including bar area)
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle