- Telephone 0131 656 0707
- Opening times Daily: noon–2.30pm & 5–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 5–11pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
On the main street in Tollcross where there once was a hot pot restaurant, now stands Japanese restaurant Sakura Tree. With cherry blossom decorating the windows, the menu is posted on the exterior for passersby to peruse. Inside, the space is quite compact and the interior fairly basic with a sushi counter positioned at the front. The menu includes lots of the choices that you would expect – miso soup, edamame, sashimi, tempura, noodles, gyoza, teriyaki chicken or salmon, and set meals. There is also a long list of hand rolls, including their own special colour-coded creations, sweet potato (pink), vegetable (green), tuna and sweetcorn (yellow) and ham and cheese (orange). The sushi is of a decent quality but their aubergine with miso sauce is the highlight, sticky and salty with a melt-in-the-mouth texture. They also still offer a similar hot pot buffet to their predecessor, as well as the option to take away.
- High point: Great aubergine with miso sauce
- Low point: Food may take a while to appear
- Notable dish: Aubergine with miso
- Delivery: ask for details
- Open since: 2014