A great local gastropub with an interesting and varied menu.
When looking for a bite to eat you can pay your money and take your choice on Broughton Street, but The Ox is making a strong claim to be a neighbourhood favourite. With its mezzanine dining area it straddles the gap between pub and restaurant, being neither and both at the same time. The menu focuses on Scottish meat and fish - to the detriment of any veggie diners who hardly get a look in (although there are some veggie options in the bar menu). There's a super popular Sunday roast each week (with a vegetarian option this time) and good tunes on the stereo. The laid-back atmosphere, cheery welcome and extremely friendly staff all add to the home-from-home vibe.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed bag of cool tunes
- Capacity: 80
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £17 per bottle