- Telephone 0141 423 8000
- Opening times Daily: noon–2pm & 5pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Wed 4–11:30pm; Thu–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 4pm–11.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5pm–7pm
- Average price £6.50 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website gandhi.menu
A tucked away Southside gem, New Gandhi is an ideal venue for small get-togethers, a meal for two, or just somewhere to be spoiled rotten.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Diners will scarcely believe the tranquil experience that awaits in New Gandhi when coming in from hustle and bustle of Victoria Road. A short trip upstairs transports spice lovers to a serene curryhouse with comfortable, elegant surroundings made to feel homely thanks to a warm welcome and the joyful aromas from the nearby kitchen. With a packed menu featuring many spice-fan favourites, New Gandhi also serves up a number of specialties for diners to experience. The chef’s platter for two is a fine way to start and would likely satisfy four. From their specialities, king prawn jammu, cooked with mixed fruit and in a rich sauce, or the salmon mosmi bahar featuring tandoori fish in tangy, spicy sauce are dishes worth seeking out. Classics such as biryanis, kormas and Punjabi dishes will not disappoint, either. Homemade gulab jamun accompanied by a fine artisan coffee on the side is a great way to end. With entertainment also on offer, there is plenty to enjoy here, where style and substance come together for a very enjoyable dining experience.
- High point: Top service
- Low point: Doesn't get the attention deserves
- Notable dish: Homemade gulab jamun
As a new, modern styled, premier Indian restaurant in the south side of Glasgow, we believe the New Gandhi stands alone in its attention to the details and delights of the culinary senses. The deep aromas, painstakingly perfected from the riches of the mother country, swirl through a lavishly assembled contemporary space. The taste of refined spices and complex flavours beckons to the tongues of all people, from the most discriminating to the uninitiated and inexperienced plates alike, imparting the alluring pleasures of traditional Indian food. The rich culture of India has found a home in the heart of Glasgow, and the concept of a Glasgow-based Indian restaurant will never be the same.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: £1.50 - £5.99 dependant on postcode. Citywide service.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: acoustic nights, palm readings, psychic evenings
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £4 per bottle corkage