- Telephone 0141 237 3902
- Opening times Mon 5–10pm; Tue–Fri noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun 5–10pm
- Food served Tue/Wed 5–10pm; Thu/Fri noon–2.45pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–4pm, 5–10pm; Sun 5–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Fri 5–6.15pm
- Pre-theatre price £16.95
- Website www.tarantinoristorante.co.uk
A stylish niche restaurant specialising in southern Italian dishes crafted from the best of local and Italian ingredients.
Upon opening Tarantino’s menu, a few things are immediately apparent: this is a list void of spaghetti, lacking lasagne, missing veal Milanese and done with garlic bread. Left in its wake is an unusual – and welcome – chasm, filled with curious ingredients to create an enticing celebration of Sicily and Puglia. You wouldn’t expect to begin with scallops in Sambuca, but let it be known that cooking the liquor long banishes overpowering anise flavours, while accompanying pomegranate drops in some sweetness. Wild boar is a signature ingredient, finding its way into multiple dishes. It’s in meatballs (the recipe of which is top secret) served with reginette pasta in homemade tomato sauce with wild mushrooms. Bold and bitter tastes are catered for when it comes to desserts of affogato, Sicilian chocolate cake or black cherry coppa Amerena. And to top off this sumptuous anomaly, surroundings consist of dark corners, dark wood and dark murals, which – rather than being ominous – work harmoniously to encourage you to sink down and enjoy something other than the more typical Italian offerings.
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic Italian
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 32
- Open since: 2014
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best Italian restaurants in Glasgow17 Apr 2018
The tastiest pasta, pizza and more authentic Italian food in Glasgow
Italian was once the only option for a night out and the city's reliable family restaurants are good crowd-pleasers for inter-generational occasions. Pizzas, however, like burgers a few years ago, have now spiralled off on their own and the city now has…