- Telephone 0131 661 6182
- Opening times Mon–Sat 8am–5pm; closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat 8.30am–5pm; Sun closed.
- Average price £9 (lunch)
Busy little café serving traditional rustic Italian home-cooking to an appreciative breakfast and lunchtime crowd.
Starting life as a bakery in 2014, this busy little café has bowed to the demands of the lunchtime crowd and found its true calling serving traditional rustic Italian home-cooking to an appreciative mix of locals and office workers. Substantial breakfasts include roast pork belly with eggs and salsa verde or a stew of cannellini bean, red pepper and tomato. Lunch includes pasta with chicken liver, white wine and rosemary ragù, or gnocchi in a three-cheese sauce. The cakes and pastries deserve a mention – all are cooked overnight on the premises – plus there’s a tempting selection of cured meats and cheeses at the small deli counter if you only want a sandwich. With an expanded seating area, and occasional forays into evening opening, this little place is growing fast.
- High point: A great alternative to soup and sandwiches
- Low point: The scramble for a lunchtime table
- Notable dish: Pasta with chicken liver, whiter wine and rosemary ragù
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Hip hop and dub
- Capacity: 15 (+4 outdoor)
- Largest group: Up to 20 for private bookings
- Open since: 2014