Pera: Turkish Mangal & Meze Bar
- Telephone 07756 122730
- Opening times Daily: noon–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 4.30pm–11pm; Sat 11am–11pm; Sun 11am–11pm.
- Average price £22.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website www.turkishrestaurantedinburgh.co.uk
Warm service and generous portions of Turkish favourites in shoe box-sized mangal and mezze bar.
Housed in one of those long, narrow spaces that characterise the lively independent dining scene on Leith Walk, the intimate interior of Pera is warmly lit with mosaic glass lanterns and furnished with leather and cowhide dining chairs that encourage you to settle in, relax and explore the impressive menu. Boasting freshly prepared mezze, fish and salad mains, as well as lamb and chicken from the mangal grill and an intriguing breakfast menu, there’s so much to choose from it’s a struggle not to over-order. The chef’s selection cold mezze platter makes a perfectly good meal in itself, offering up to 16 different daily-changing dishes of marinated vegetables, zesty pickles and smoky dips cooked with spices, herbs, garlic and yogurt. Expect to be amply fed a banquet of flavour-packed, fresh dishes and generously hosted like a long-lost friend.
- High point: More than 30 delicious vegetarian options
- Low point: Beware of portion-sizes – arrive hungry!
- Notable dish: Chef's choice cold mezze platter with warm pide bread
Pera represents Turkish food at its best right in the heart of Edinburgh. We offer a unique range of authentic Turkish cuisine ranging from traditional Turkish breakfast dishes, freshly made gozleme with a choice of delicious fillings followed by a large range of hot and cold freshly made meze dishes. In the evening we also offer a variety of kebabs, all marinated in a blend of aromatic spices and flame grilled on our mangal (charcoal BBQ) the Turkish way. There is a daily catch of the day also available for fish lovers.
We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a choice of sit in or take away.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Turkish music
- Capacity: 24
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 2014
- BYOB: £1 for beers, £3.50 per bottle wine corkage (Looking at acquiring a licence)