Casa Amiga Leith
- Telephone 0131 467 5664
- Opening times Mon & Sun 9am–6pm; Tue–Sat 8am–6pm.
- Food served Sun/Mon 9am–6pm; Tue–Sat 8am–6pm.
- Average price £5 (lunch)
- Website casa-amiga.com
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Continuing the trend for high-quality dining options from around the world springing up all the way down Leith Walk, Casa Amiga popped up towards the end of 2014 specialising in Portuguese cakes and bakes. The long list of savoury items includes dense, chorizo-packed bread and baccalao fritters, plus homemade soup of the day and corn bread. More than likely it’ll be the promise of sweet treats that entice casual passersby, in particular the mound of pastel de natas – Portuguese curd tarts – that are crisp, creamy and every bit as good as the ones to be found in Lisbon. Not easy to find in Edinburgh, they alone are worth the trip down Leith Walk. Coupled with beautiful cakes, great coffee, wifi and an easy-going vibe, it looks set to become a local favourite with Leithers.
- High point: Not having to visit Portugal to find great pastel de natas
- Low point: There's not much space inside – but you can always take away
- Notable dish: Pastel de natas
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 20
- Open since: 2014